Recruitment through Oriel
Pharmacists trainees are now recruited through the online application portal, Oriel.
In 2017 we moved the process for recruiting and selecting HEE commissioned pre-registration pharmacist trainees onto Oriel, our online application portal. The portal was also open to community pharmacy employers.
We used selection methods that were evidence-based, demonstrated good levels of quality and difficulty, and were able to effectively differentiate between applicants. There were good levels of satisfaction for both applicants and interviewers.
Following the recruitment rounds, we evaluated the success of the application round. We found:
- the fill rate overall was 75%
- all places were filled in hospitals.
The full evaluation report is available at the bottom of the page.
Planning for the 2018 recruitment round is now underway. Improvements for 2018 will include:-
- a new ‘enhanced preferencing’ feature to support applicants to make their choices later and give them more flexibility
- moving to online Situational Judgement Testing
- new selection centre venues.