The Clinical Academic Careers Stakeholder Group (CACSG) was established to set the strategic direction for delivery of the Mandate objective to “develop a workforce that embraces research and innovation” and “to support clinical academic careers for health professionals.”
The scope of the work of the CACSG includes oversight of delivery of the HEE/NIHR Integrated Clinical Academic (ICA) Programme and reviewing the progress of the NIHR Integrated Academic Training (IAT) programme.
The membership of the Stakeholder Group is:
- HEE: Nicki Latham (Chair), Lisa Bayliss-Pratt, Ged Byrne, Fleur Kitsell
- Department of Health: Tony Soteriou
- NIHR: Dave Jones, Lisa Cotterill
- Council of Deans: Patrick Callaghan
- Chief Professional Officers: Sue Hill, Suzanne Rastrick, Sara Hurley, Keith Ridge (or their deputies)
- Public Health England: Bernie Hannigan
- Director of the Council for Allied Health Professions Research: Ann Moore
- ICA Programme Panel Chair – Tina Lavender
The CACSG also helped develop HEE's Research and Innovation Strategy and the Clinical Academic Careers Framework, and advise on eligibility criteria for the ICA Programme.