Stonewall diversity champions programme
We have been a Stonewall Diversity Champion since 2013.
This means we take steps to ensure sexual orientation equality by:
- Advertising our job opportunities in the Starting Out careers guide
- Attending networking events to learn about best practice
- Supporting a newly formed NHS Lesbian Gay Bisexual & Transsexual (LGB&T) staff network
- Embedding best practice in sexual orientation equality into our policy and practice.
- As an organisation that embraces diversity and seeks to continually improve ourselves, HEE has also committed to completing the Workforce Equality Index 2015.
This external benchmarking exercise covers 10 business areas with three levels against each of them (foundations, next steps, best practice).
Organisations from all sectors, not just the NHS, participate in the Index and, whilst it has a LGB slant, it does apply as a benchmark more broadly for work on equality and diversity. The recommendations HEE receives will be used in setting a plan of work within the EDS2 framework for the next 12 months.
- Employee policy
- Staff network group
- All-staff engagement
- Career development
- Line managers
- Community engagement
- Additional work and optional sections
For more information about Stonewall visit www.stonewall.org.uk