‘Out with the old, in with the new?’ Chief Executive's speech
HEE’s Chief Executive, Professor Ian Cumming, delivered a major speech, ‘Out with the old, in with the new?’ on 23 January 2017.
The speech covered, amongst other things:
- Why healthcare is all about people.
- The challenges and opportunities of genomics.
- The importance on one Team NHS.
- Generating the right workforce and the challenges of workforce planning.
- Meeting the changing expectations of the patients we serve.
- HEE’s commitments to the health and social care system.
You can view extracts from the speech by following the links below:
- Barriers to out with the old
- Developing a workforce adaptable to change and current staff as the future workforce
- Framework 15, partnership, working and HEE achievement
- Generating the right workforce, workforce planning and recent increases in nursing numbers
- Healthcare is about people
- Changes to patient expectations mean changes to training
- HEE's 6 Promises
- Rise of the machines
- The challenges and opportunities of genomics
- Variations of outcome and barriers to change
- One Team NHS
- We are ready to face the challenge