About the Learning Environments
As part of the phase one roll out of the implementation of the HEE National Quality Framework, Yorkshire and the Humber will begin monitoring the learning environment from 1 April 2016.
The role of the Quality Manager is to:
- Support designated Local Education Provider (LEP).
- Take a multi-professional quality assurance view of the whole LEP’s learning environment by collating evidence including LEP self-assessment reports.
- Review and monitor the LEP’s compliance against national quality standards.
- Review and monitor the LEP’s progress for Quality Assurance.
- Discuss the outcome of the multi-professional learner (and educator) voice. Reviewing the intelligence, working with the LEP to set and review action plans for improvements.
- Work with the LEP to review all conditions set relating to quality visits, GMC Regional Review, GMC enhanced monitoring concerns, ensuring updates are available in accordance with deadline dates.
- Review evidence within the quality team’s governance structure and seek clarity from specialty experts relating to the above. Experts include, but not limited to, Associate Deans, Heads of Schools, Deputy Deans and Education Commissioning Managers.
- Discuss visiting arrangements as required.
- Make recommendations for the closure of conditions.
- Review best practice areas and agree publication.
- Follow escalation thresholds to escalate concerns as necessary, also following regulatory processes.
- HEE Quality Framework and Yorkshire and the Humber implementation plan.
- Review of outstanding multi-professional concerns including Postgraduate Dean’s report items, GMC Regional Review items and GMC enhanced monitoring cases.
- Review multi-professional learner and educator voice intelligence.
- Monitor LEP compliance with quality standards.
- Take a multi-professional view of the LEP’s learning environment.
- Prepare for any forthcoming reviews to LEPs.
- To identify if clarity is required from specialist advisors.
- Yorkshire and the Humber Quality Team
- Quality Manager
- Quality Coordinator
- Director of Education
- Medical Education Manager
- Non-Medical Placement Lead
- Specialist advisors
It is envisaged the meetings will take place quarterly but this can be flexible.