The learning and development agreement (LDA)
The Learning and Development Agreement (LDA) document lists all education, training and learning activity commissioned by Health Education England from the Multi-professional Education and Training Levy (MPET) funding.
The LDA establishes a framework for the delivery of practice learning and teaching to support workforce development. All NHS provider organisations across Yorkshire and the Humber have signed up to the LDA. As an increasing number of practice placement opportunities are being sought outside of the NHS, work is underway to include these organisations in the same arrangements. Work to review the LDA to provide a national template has now been concluded.
The LDA includes:
- practice placement training for medical and dental students
- practice placements for non-medical professional and vocational students
- post graduate training for doctors
- learning beyond registration
- learning before registration
- infrastructure related to education and training
- other support for training activities
The new version of the LDA and supporting schedules are available to download below
Organisations signed up to the LDA
- Organisations signed up to LDA listed below
- Universities signed up to Memorandum of Understanding are listed in the document below