Implementation of training tariff
1st April 2013 brought the nationwide introduction of a placement payment to organisations providing practice placements for nursing and other pre-registration students commissioned by the NHS.
The purpose of the training tariff is to support the provision of high quality training placements to secure the future supply of well trained staff to the NHS.
For 2013/14 providers are required to ensure that placement provision meets the quality criteria as described in LDA Schedule C and that placement capacity within your organisation continues to meet the regional need for student learning opportunities.
The LDA self assessment process for 2013 will continue to provide the opportunity for organisations to demonstrate that the relevant criteria have been met.
The guidance on this website refers to pre-registration training across the professions as separate information regarding tariff for post-graduate medical trainees was issued separately as part of a consultation being conducted by HEE.
For Reference (see documents at the bottom of the page):
- Tariff Clarification Letter - July 2013
- Tariff Clarification Letter - June 2014
- Annex A - Payments for Undergraduate Placements in 2013 June update (3)
- Annex A - Payments for Undergraduate Placements in 2014 June update v2
- Finance Template
- HEI Data Collection Spreadsheet
- Quality Placement in Healthcare - Best Practice Guidance
- Department of Health - Education and Training Tariffs - Tariff Guidance for 2014-15
- HEYH Non Medical Education and Training Tariff Guidance
Implementation of Non-Medical Training Tariff (see documents at the bottom of the page)
- Contact and Telephone List - Placement Providers
- Implementation of Tariff - Non-Medical - Steering Group Members
- Contact List - Placement Data - Universities
- Contact List - Placement Data - Providers
Presentations (see documents at the bottom of the page)
- 2013-04-22 - MPET Review Presentation - Normanton Golf Club
- 2013-06-03 - Implementation of Non-Medical Tariff Steering Group Presentation
- 2013-12-06 - Student Tariff Pilot Presentation - Fiona Bates
Sharing Good Practice Event - 8th September 2014 (see document at the bottom of the page)
- Sharing Good Practice Event Document
Sharing Good Practice Event - 18th March 2014 (see document at the bottom of the page)
- Sharing Good Practice Event - March 2015