Organisational Development (OD) Network
The Organisational Development (OD) Network is a thriving community of OD Practitioners in our region.
We host four events a year to bring the Network together and work collaboratively on a particular theme. We welcome new members, see contact details below for further information.
About the OD Network
In 2014, Yorkshire and the Humber Leadership Academy asked Mayvin to support this work and workshops were held involving OD colleagues within the region.
The workshop discussions centred on what this group of practitioners felt were the key issues they faced when doing OD in their organisations and the Yorkshire and Humber region.
In light of these issues the discussion sought to develop some principles to help Yorkshire and the Humber Leadership Academy design a future OD network/programme offer.
The principles agreed were:
- Create a sense of community
- Help the community to see itself
- Be locally resourced and supported
- Appreciate the context
- Share practice stories
- Be generous with resources (reciprocity)
- Become a contained space for practitioners
While there was definitely an appetite to refresh and revitalise the OD network, a variety of options for provision were identified. Additionally, there was recognition that other networks existed with a more local emphasis and an improvement focus but that the various groups had limited opportunity to share experience, learning, identify areas for possible collaboration or access support for professional and personal development. We recognise that some time has elapsed since these various discussions and we are also conscious that there remains an appetite for such a space to maintain our practice.
8 March 2017
The final OD Network of the 2016/17 financial year considered the impact of the programme next steps, on the theme of Review, Renew and Reflect.
On the day we covered the following:
- Review - the activities, sessions and OD interventions commissioned during 16-17. What did we like and want more of? What didn’t we like and why?
- Renew – discuss and plan sessions, speakers and interventions that will help us do our work going into the next financial year. What do we need to do to enhance and stretch our own practice? What else could we do to remain sharp to support change and be in service to our clients? Who could help us?
- Reflect – offer an active thinking space to co-consult with colleagues on our current work issues and challenges. Do you need some help or a fresh perspective? This time was allocated to work with colleagues in the room to support us and help generate new ideas.
We invited OD practitioners within organisations and others who were engaged in developing their organisations to be part of the OD Network.
For further information contact:
Head of Leadership & OD: Kathryn Winterburn
This Page was last updated on: 9 March 2017