Sustainable Transformation Plans (STPs)
We are delighted to be given this opportunity to engage with you to help shape your system through transformation.
It is recognised that to truly realise the changes required by the NHS to meet the triple aim of the quality, finance & health inequality gap, we need to enable systems to integrate and be more efficient & effective by having “one conversation” in a joined up way.
As experienced leaders you all have exceptional skills to hand, however, we realise that the changing architecture will require different skill sets.
Our intention therefore is to work with you to develop these within your STP groups to enable successful outcomes.
What are STPs?
The NHS Shared Planning Guidance asked every local health and care system in England to come together to create their own ambitious local plan for accelerating the implementation of the Five Year Forward View (5YFV).
These local plans, called Sustainability and Transformation Plans (STPs), will be place-based, multi-year plans built around the needs of local populations.
STPs must cover all areas of CCG and NHS England (NHSE) commissioned activity including: specialised services; primary care; local authority services – including prevention and social care and reflecting local health and wellbeing strategies.
44 STP ‘footprint’ areas have been agreed that will bring local health and care leaders, organisations and communities together.
Footprints now have confirmed leaders in place, who will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the STP process locally.
Coventry and Warwickshire
- STP lead: Andy Hardy, Chief Executive, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust
Herefordshire and Worcestershire
- STP lead: Sarah Dugan, Chief Executive, Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust
Birmingham and Solihull
- STP lead: Mark Rogers, CEO, Birmingham City Council
- STP lead: Andy Williams, Accountable Officer, Sandwell CCG
Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin
- STP lead: Simon Wright, Chief Executive, Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust
- STP lead: John MacDonald, Chair, University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust