Workshop Presentations - Shine Awards 2016
The Wessex Shine Awards recognise excellence in education and training of people to benefit NHS patients and service users in Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Dorset and South Wiltshire.
Key note speech
"Sustainable and Transformed? The challenges of meaningful workforce development in health and care"
Speaker: Patrick Mitchell - Regional Director, South of England
"A vision of the future of healthcare"
Speaker: Professor Sir Muir Gray
You will find the presentations in PDF format in the Related Document Section below
Education and Training in a digital world
- "Preparing students for the digital workplace"
Speaker: Paul Armer, Corporate Development Manager (Health)
Growing a workforce for Primary Care
- "Consultation and communication skills (No past experience reqired)"
Speaker: Dr Rachel Elliot
- "Training the trainers using examples from home and abroad"
Speaker: Johnny Lyon-Maris
Building Parity of Esteem
- "Recognising and Assessing Medical Problems in Psychiatric Settings (RAMPPS)"
Speakers: Ray Vieweg, Emma Williams and Claire Fleming
- "Primary Care and Mental Health"
Speaker: Dr. David Kingdon, Professor of Mental Health Care Delivery, Clinical Service Director - Adult Mental Health
Better Care through Teams
- "Better Care Through Building Teams - Implementation of a Nutritional Care Bundle on the Stroke Unit at Royal Bournemouth Hospital"
Speaker: Joanna Pulman, Stroke Therapy Team RBH
- "Making Every Contact Count (MECC)"
Speaker: Claire Cheminade, Public Health Wider Workforce Lead
Workforce development for Integrated Care
- "GP Extensivist Pilot" (please contact us if you want to get hold of this presentation)
Speakers: Professor Clare Wedderburn, Dr. Cheryl O’Connell, Dr. Naomi Fox and Dr. Joanne Cummings
- "Towards integration, improving the health of people with dementia"
Speaker: Eleanor Corbett - Integrated Community Lead, Lymington Integrated Care Team
Building Resilience and Maintaining Compassion
- "Working with complexity"
Speaker: Alison Jennings, Head of OD and Leadership, Thames Valley and Wessex NHS Leadership Academy
- "Keep Calm"
Speaker: Dr. Liz Donovan, Director of Medical Education, University Hospital Southmapton, NHS FT