Patient and Public Voice
Health Education England in Wessex champions the involvement of the patient and public voice throughout education and training.
In Health Education England, in Wessex we involve Patient and Public Voice Representatives in strategic workforce development though our Partnership Council and Local Workforce Development Groups. Read more on our news story recruiting to these posts
We assure the involvement of patients and the public in the education and training of the pre-registration health care workforce.
We involve lay advisors in ensuring post graduate medical and dental education, and more information can be found through our External (Lay and Clinical) Advisors Policy Guidance
We champion and encourage all healthcare organisations to involve patients and the public in education and training through our Hearing the Patient Voice in Education and Training category of the Shine Awards and we are pleased to share the excellent practice in this area.
Hearing the Patient Voice in Education and Training in Wessex
- Using the patient voice to shape the neurological physiotherapy curriculum
- Introduction to Pain Management Workshop; Dorset Community Pain Service - An example of co-production and co-delivery
- Accessible Information Awareness DVD - Keith's story, Solent NHS Trust
- Bournemouth University carer and service user partnership (CSUP) for involving patients and service users in pre-registration training for health and social care professionals
- Embedding patient and carer user voice in education – Dorset HealthCare University NHS FT
- Involving carers in the delivery of dementia training – Barbara Johnson
- Patient involvement in Pre-Registration Pharmacy Training, University Hospital Southampton, NHS FT
- Developing and promoting effective communication by medical students/doctors when working with people with a learning disability through safe, experiential learning, Southern Health NHS FT
- Simulation Patient Programme – University Hospital Southampton NHS FT
If you would like to know more about any of the above or would like to invite a speaker to a patient/service user group meeting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org