A multi-faceted approach to maintaining a healthy body including exercise, tips on diet and nutrition and strategies to kick those unhealthy habits.
- Project Awesome - free outdoor fitness classes in London
- My Fitness Pal - free calorie counter, diet and fitness recorder
- Coach to 5k - the Couch to 5K app offers step-by-step instructions to get you running in just 9 weeks
- NHS cycle to work - discounts on buying a bicycle through this salary sacrifice scheme for NHS employees. Contact your local employer for your code.
- Cycle Skills - TfL's safe cycling programme, including free cycle skills classes for all abilities
- Parkrun - a free weekly 5k, open to everyone of all ability across London's parks and green spaces
Diet and nutrition
- Dietary advIce - diet and nutrition advice and information for all, not just doctors [LINK NOT FOUND]
- Healthier takeaways - an overview of a healthier approach to takeaways
- Change4Life apps - free apps by Public Health England with over 160 calorie counted recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner and a food scanner to help you make healthier food and drink choices
- Smoking cessation - the Smoke Free website offers advice and practical support to help you stop smoking
- Drinkaware - free app to track your alcohol consumption and spend over time
- Frank - friendly, confidential drugs advice
- GamCare - leading national provider of information, advice, support and free counselling for the prevention and treatment of problem gambling