End of Life Care Training and Education in the North West
Health Education England (working across the North West) has collaborative relationships with the End of Life Care Strategic Clinical Networks within the North West to ensure the effective planning and use of resources to support the training and development of the local workforce in key end of life care issues.
The training supported with the funding provided by HEE (NW) has enabled staff working in NHS settings, primary and community care, voluntary and the private care sector to benefit from education programmes and projects which have enhanced knowledge and skills in amongst others the following key areas:
Advanced communications skills, symptom and palliative care management, implementation of palliative care guidelines and developments such as a consistent evaluation of training framework.
Both the strategic networks and HEE are currently developing their plan for the use of End of Life Care Funding 2016-2017.
For further information Key Contacts (End of Life Care):
Clinical Strategic Networks
- Kim Wrigley, Senior Programme Manager, Greater Manchester and Eastern Cheshire Strategic Clinical Network: Email email@example.com
- Kathy Collins, Clinical Network Manager, Cancer, Palliative and End of Life Care, North West Coast Strategic Clinical Networks: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Education England (working across the North West)
- Dr Mike Farrell, Head of Education Transformation Health Education England, working across the North West: Email email@example.com
Some Key Documents
- Greater Manchester, Lancashire and South Cumbria: Evaluation, Impact and Outcomes Assessment of MPET Funding 2015-2016.
- Cheshire and Merseyside Strategic Clinical Network: Multiprofessional Education and Training MPET Funding Report July 2016.
NHS Employers has also produced a new video conveying the benefits of working collaboratively to deliver high quality care to patients at the end of life. View the video here: http://ow.ly/jVXt3047kGx
Please also take a look at the attached document for The North West palliative and end of life care roadshow on 12 January 2017.