Annual Dean's Quality Meetings 2017
The Annual Dean's Quality Meetings (ADQMs) are an important part of the quality management process in the north east, helping us to ensure our providers are delivering high quality education and training. This is one of the activities undertaken as part of our quality management framework.
The purpose of the ADQM is to provide an annual forum to meet with local trusts and education providers to look at issues and notable practice which allows us to assess the quality of education and training in our region.
The ADQMs do not replace or supersede day-to-day quality management activities and processes managed by individual schools or trusts. The meetings are underpinned by the quality work, reporting cycles and escalation processes completed by both schools and trusts. In the spirit of ʻno surprisesʼ and ‘striving for excellence’, the ADQM is carried out in partnership through an open and transparent round table discussion with the aim of improving the quality of education and training. Information is collected from a variety of sources throughout the year to drive discussions during meetings with medical education teams in each trust.
The sharing of good practice is also a key theme of the ADQMs and an opportunity to showcase and celebrate areas of good practice.
All visit reports and responses are reviewed and approved by Professor Namita Kumar, Postgraduate Dean and chair of the ADQMs.
- City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust and South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust
- County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
- Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust
- North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust
- Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Northumberland, Tyne & Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Tees, Esk & Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust