We are delighted that you are considering applying to the Northern Foundation School. We have 382 F1 posts and 21 Academic Foundation posts to fill for August 2017 start.
Key Dates for foundation programme recruitment are:
- From 26 September 2016 – Register and enroll on Oriel (all indicative programmes available to view)
- 3 – 14 October 2016 – Complete national online application form (Late applications are not accepted under any circumstances)
- 9 March 2017 (9:00) – Applicants informed of allocated foundation school
- 10 March 2016 – Northern Foundation School will contact all allocated applicants informing them of their deadline to rank programme preferences
- Noon on 30 March 2017– deadline for applicants to rank their programme preferences on Oriel
- 6 April 2017 – Applicants informed of which programme and trust they have been allocated to
If you have any further queries please contact Kerry Ferguson
About foundation training
Like taking the stabilisers off a bike or the armbands off in the pool, every doctor has to have their first job out of medical school. Embracing that first taste of responsibility and decision making and tackling each new challenge with passion is the route to becoming a great medic. Choosing the right foundation school is one of the most important career decisions you’ll ever make as this formative training can become the cornerstone of your future medical career.
At the northern foundation school we are consistently proven to deliver excellence in postgraduate medical training and career development. Our aim is to produce doctors who are well equipped with the necessary competencies to progress to post foundation training.
If you are successful in getiing a training place with us, you will be offered a two year contract at one of our nine acute trusts. You will then work through a series of structured rotations in a variety of different settings. We have a strong track record in offering a balance of experiences to enable you to meet the curriculum, which includes the possibility of community and innovative specialties.