Developing Clinical Scientists – Silver Scientist Awards 2016 launches
Health Education England are launching an exciting new programme across the East Midlands to support clinical scientists working in the region to develop their career through the Clinical Scholar Silver Scientist Award. The programme – tailored specifically for clinical scientists - provides individuals with a 30-day bespoke programme of development to support an application to the Higher Specialist Scientific Training (HSST) programme.
The programme will be available to clinical scientists working within Life Sciences, Physiological Sciences, Clinical Engineering and Medical Physics and Bioinformatics professions, who are currently registered and have a strong interest and suitability for a research focused clinical career. Applicants should have a Masters level qualification or equivalent in their area of scientific specialism.
The programme will run from October 2016 for six months and candidates will need to commit to 30 days attendance. Funding will be available to the successful applicants’ organisation to facilitate this.
It is anticipated that upon completion successful candidates will have:
- produced a fully worked up application
- produced a 5,000 word academic dissertation based on placement
- produced a presentation on their placement role and experience of the programme to be delivered to an invited audience
- successfully completed a mock interview with an action plan for any areas for improvement
- successfully completed a placement as determined by host.
Guidance notes and an application form can be downloaded from the related documents section at the bottom of this page.
Please send completed forms and any queries to Holly Hamer, Project Co-ordinator, at email@example.com, Please telephone 0116 252 2830 if you have any queries.