Educator and School Development
Educator and School Development (ESD) provide practical support and workable solutions to Schools to enable them to deliver appropriate, cost effective education and training to our future doctors. We work closely with Schools in procuring experienced trainers and ensure their business plans are aligned to future developments and changes; and their budgets are spent wisely. By working closely with our customers and listening to their needs we offer innovative solutions by sharing good practice and using up to date technology. We manage trainees’ study leave and oversee the Leadership and Management programme as well as supporting the ongoing Continuing Professional Development of Dental registrants. On a practical level we offer Schools administrative support and event management.
Regional and National Networks
To ensure we support the future needs of the NHS and ensure our trainees are educated and trained to deliver future needs of patients, ESD works closely with a number of regional and national networks. Evidenced by:
- UK Foundation Programme Office liaison
- Foundation School Managers
- National Course Manager group
- National Dental Business Managers’ group
- Regional Curriculum Study Leave Co-ordinators
Through our procurement, business management and customer service, we ensure we deliver first class education and training to our future doctors and dentists. Evidenced by:
- Developing systems and processing which are fair, transparent and available to everyone
- Effective negotiation enabling more services for less money
- Supporting ‘first class’ education and training.
By providing an appropriate learning experience we ensure future doctors are equipped for current and future patient needs. Evidenced by:
- Managing learning events to ensure optimum learning and value for money
- Communicating changes in a timely manner to ensure smooth transitions
- Making learning easier by embracing technology – Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), Leave Manager and Course Manager.
Through our ‘Commitment to Quality Care’ we engage and work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders to improve services, share best practice and lead the way for change. Evidenced by:
- Introducing new technology
- Actively attending and contributing to local and national working groups
- Developing business plans to meet future needs.
Embracing the ethos of ‘Everyone counts’ we ensure budgets are spent wisely to deliver value for money, through improved processes and new technology. This is evidenced by:
- Developing inductions that are fit for purpose
- Procuring excellent trainers to deliver ‘first class’ training and education
- Supporting trainees to succeed and manage future expectations.