Ensuring that the health service remains a world leader in genomic and precision medicine.
The Genomics Education Programme (GEP) is the NHS’s method of ensuring its staff have the knowledge, skills and experience to ensure that the health service remains a world leader in genomic and precision medicine – particularly for NHS England Genomic Medicine Centres (GMCs) and the contribution to the 100,000 Genomes Project.
What we’re doing:
- providing online resources and self-directed education for NHS staff
- developing curricula and assuring delivery of formal academic-based training programmes for all of the multi-professional workforce
- co-ordinating workforce planning for the specialist staff required to deliver genomic technologies
- commissioning NHS-funded places for staff on training programmes
- supporting multi-professional clinical research fellowships and doctoral posts in genomics and bioinformatics and genomics.
You can read more about our Genomics work on our national page.