Their core purpose is to lead planning and education commissioning; ensure security of supply of the local health and care workforce; and support national workforce priorities set by Health Education England.
Their functions will include:
- Ensuring security of supply of the local health and care workforce
- Workforce planning and prioritisation of local education and training
- Holding and allocating funding for education and training
- Commissioning education and training and securing quality and value from education and training providers
- Securing effective partnerships with clinicians, CCGs, local authorities, health and well-being boards, universities and the other providers of education, research and innovation.
Categories: Frequently asked questions